Saturday, October 18, 2014

Book Fangirling

Despite the fact that this blog is used mostly for my Creative Writing class, I wanted to share a fangirl moment I had this past Tuesday. I had just renewed To All The Boys I Loved by Jenny Han. I had checked it out 2 weeks earlier, but as I had not the chance to read it, I renewed it.

Now, most of the time I normally don't have a lot of time to just sit around and just read a book, without interruptions. However, I had a few long periods of time, which I could read; so as the avid reader I am/KHS Book Club President, I read and read and read. And for the first time in a while I was able to finish a book in one day.

This book...
It just..
There were so many feels...
And I...

I can't even begin to explain how AMAZING this novel was/is. Jenny Han is without a doubt one fan-freakin'-tastic author. Her novel just brought out so many emotions in me. There were times of "awwwww", "i hate you", "whyyyyyyy?", "did you just-?", "i ship you two so much right now", "nononononononononononono", and so many other phrases.

To All The Boys I Loved, is OH SO GOOD. I recommend it to anyone and everyone. It's definitely one of my new favorite books. I gotta hand it to Ms. Han for writing such a book. THANK YOU JENNY HAN!

The evidence: 10/14/14 9:56pm
BUT WAIT. Here's the fangirl part. I tweeted about how amazing the book was and how excited I am for the sequel PS I Still Love You (which sadly doesn't come out until June 2nd of 2015- that made me want to flip tables because of how much time there is between now and then, but that's a TOTALLY different story; maybe for another time...). Anyway, I mentioned Jenny in the tweet ( which is @jennyhan if you want to follow her) and she favorited my tweet. Now, I know this isn't "that big of a deal." Most people would be like "oh cool." But me. OH MY SWEET PANCAKES. I about flipped out. The fact that she favorited it meant she read the tweet. She didn't even need to reply to me. Favoriting it was PLENTY. I was like "OHEMGEE" and told ALL of my friends the following morning at school. They all gave me looks of "ohhhh-kay" and "wowwwww." This was just. I was so. I can't even portray the emotions I felt. It was just so awesome.

And that my friends is an episode in which I fangirled about a book and its author.

UPDATE: SHE FAVORITED ANOTHER TWEET OF MINE. ASDFGHJKL;'
IT HAPPENED AGAIN: 10/18/14 5:55pm

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome encounter! I might have to read this fan-freakin-tastic book...and I'm definitely adopting your interjection: OH MY SWEET PANCAKES. : )

    ReplyDelete