Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Years!

So on this fine morning on the "New Year," I finally got my @GabeIM5 follow on Twitter. Gabe and his girlfriend Alex (together they are #Galexy, pronounced like galaxy) were doing a tweet/follow spree. They had planned for one at 9pm PST and 12am PST. So that's 11pm and 2am here in the Midwest. Well, I was at a New Years Party so I missed out on the 11pm tweet/follow spree... But I arrived home from the party around 12:30 and decided to wait out the hour and a half for their #AskGalexy follow/tweet spree.

Two o'clock rolls around and I send them out my first tweet. I sent them a few tweets, wanting to be noticed, but at the same time NOT annoy them. However, Gabe sent out a tweet saying "Happy New Year and have a great night everyone!" around 2:25. With this I about gave up hope. But I wanted to finish my picture edit of #Galexy created from still images from their YouTube video of their cover of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. I tweeted out my edit about 15 minutes later, and then followed up with one more tweet 10 minutes later talking about how I'm bummed that their cover of that song isn't on iTunes. I believe that it was with those tweets that Gabriel noticed me. Because two minutes after the second tweet he followed me. And let me just say. HE BASICALLY GAVE ME A FANGIRL HEART ATTACK. BUT IN A GOOD WAY (if that's even possible).

So now I have 1/2 of a #Galexy follow and a 3/3 of IM5. And if you are confused as to why there are now only three members in IM5 instead of five because you saw my very 1st post, I'll explain. So the band started in 2011 with these five members/guys: Cole Pendery, Gabriel Martin/Morales, Will (William) Behlendorf, Dalton Rapattoni, and Dana Vaughns. Now, back in March of 2014, Dalton left the band to go back to his old band (the one he was in before IM5), Fly Away Hero. So this past summer, a beautiful human being by the name of David Scarzone, a friend to all the members (Dalton included) joined the band 8 months ago (April). However even though, David was an amazing addition to the band, he left this past November (2014) to pursue his dreams of dancing and singing and acting. He wanted to better himself in everything, rather than be good at just one thing. And let me just add that these two are doing awesome things. Fly Away Hero (the band Dalton is in) is releasing their EP this month and David released his 1D "Ready to Run" cover last month which was PHENOMENAL- I loved it!

So with Dalton gone they went to four members; but with the addition of David they went back up to five members. Then down to four once more after David's leaving.

As if this wasn't enough. There was more to come. The week of 12/14 - 12/20, I was on vacation. I was on a Disney Cruise from the 15th to the 19th so I had no wi-fi as I was on a boat (my parents didn't want to pay for those international fees- understandable). It was on the 17th that the bad, but more so sad thing happened and I was not informed until the 19th by my friends who share a mutual love for IM5.

Will Jay Behlendorf, my favorite member of the band decided to leave IM5 after 3 years. I was heartbroken when I heard the news, but it didn't really sink in until I got home on the 20th and watched the UStream in which he announced his leaving. I cried. But he too was leaving to pursue more into his musical talents. So I had mixed feelings. Happy he wanted to pursue his musical career more in-depth, but leave his band, his brothers.

So that is why it is now 3/3 rather than 3/5 or 3/6 of IM5. So yeah. That's a little (actually quite a bit) about my favorite boyband, its current state, and the surprise follow from one of the guys which is a great way to start off the 2015 year, might I add!

So that's it. HAPPY NEW YEARS! 2015, here we come~!

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting for you! They're lucky to have you as such a devoted fangirl!

    ReplyDelete